About 50 great Americans showed up at the Stadium Grill in Eagle, PA for a “We Surround Them” party. We went outside for a group photo and sang a beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.
This was a Glenn Beck initiative designed to bring regular people together to meet and get to know each other. We talked about how America has turned away from the values and principles that made this country great. There are 9 principle and 12 values. During the show there was a lot of applause, especially when the guests talked about how God and our faith are vital to our lives and our founding fathers built America with a strong Christian foundation.
Another source of loud applause was for all the troops that were featured on the show and their stories of heroism and why they love America enough to want to fight and die for it.
The event was terrific. Most were from Chester County. Some were veterans and some were military families (Joy’s son did a tour in Iraq and Jean’s husband is currently in Iraq). Ten Sheepdogs attended and we were able to share what we do in West Chester with our Sheepdog and PACC organizations. We met several great families.
Special thanks to Kathy and Donna for organizing the event, they did an outstanding job. Everyone had a good time and we all look forward the next one. The show will be re-aired on Fox News on Saturday night Mar 14 at 9PM. Glenn Beck emphasized that we need to be a “9/12″ America – taking action and fighting to keep our country strong and free. (not a 9/10 America – playing partisan politics and not protecting our country or a 9/11 America – watching our country get attacked). He underlined how we must stick to our values and principles.
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, Gratitude