March 16, 2009

WHEN WE RALLY

Filed under: — Rich Davis @ 7:34 pm

The American Sheepdogs show public support for our troops and their families every Saturday at the corner of High and Market Streets in West Chester, PA. We have a lot of military family members who come on a regular basis, they like the camaraderie and being around people who appreciate and understand what they go through as their loved ones serve and protect our country. Our rallies last one hour, 11AM till noon. At noon, we sing the National Anthem and say the Lords Prayer for our troops. Join us as we support those who sacrifice so much for us and our country.

dsc_08151

10 Comments »

1. I served from 1994 to 2000 with the USMCR How can I get involved?

Comment by cpl. B.A. Gray — April 19, 2009 @ 8:40 am

2. Cpl. B.A. Gray; Thank You for your Service, The Sheepdogs meet every
    Saturday at the corners of High and Market Sts. in West Chester, PA.,
    from roughly 10:45 to 12:00. I can tell you we would be Proud and Honored
    to have you join us! Jim Doedderlein (USMC- 9/11/67 – 7/31/70)
    Semper Fi !

Comment by Jim D. — April 19, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

3. Wounded in Action…… 24 May, 2009

America owes you an enormous debt of gratitude for your service and sacrifice. Our country would be in dire circumstances without the men and women like you who put their lives in jeopardy everyday to protect our freedom. As a Vietnam Veteran 63’-68’, I salute you!

During the 60’s it was “cool” to protest or avoid doing your duty to serve and protect your country. Others who were drafted into service, did their best. Still again some volunteered to go to war. Today, there is another caliber of brothers and sisters like you, who stepped up and said “I am ready to do my best, to do my duty” to protect America from oppression, to maintain the freedom, rights, and joy that many Americans take for granted.

Everyday I give several thoughts to our Creator, our founding fathers words, and each and every American who has sacrificed to maintain our freedom and our lives. These sacrifices are not given easily, but they are freely given, so that our children may live in a world of peace.

I still can’t puzzle out why things happen the way they do, but to paraphrase Ecclesiastics 3:
    There is an appointed time for everything and a time for every event under heaven. There is a time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace. God has given the sons of men that momentous task with which they must occupy themselves.

Every Saturday from 11 to noon, a group of veterans and families who have sons and daughters in the military gather at our county seat, established by W. Penn, the West Chester, PA county courthouse, in the rain, the snow, the cold, and the heat. We stand as ONE to honor those who bravely serve our country. We call ourselves the American Sheep Dogs. A sheep dog protects the flock of sheep from the wolves, the vicious predators, that prey on the helpless sheep. You are a Sheep Dog. Your gallant service provides the unassuming American with protection from the wolf, from evil. We are also believers that victory is always the answer and peace comes through military strength, our faith in God, and our colleagues in arms.

Every Saturday, even if it is 5 – 6 or 30 – 40 (and never no one (zero)), we gather to show our troops that “they are not alone”. Each of the Victory Patriots has his own story to be told but our primary mission is to not let the public or the media forget that YOU are fighting for our country. Horns honk, people wave and cheer – Semper FI, go troops, Hu Ra, and call out God speed as they drive or walk past our wall of solidarity for our troops. So, you see, Sergeant you are never alone. You are one with us and will never be alone. Your brothers and sisters at arms are always with you.

Minutes turn into hours, hours into days, days into weeks, weeks into years each and everyone precious, but filled with trials and tribulations – But you are never ever alone in this world’s journey. Words are easy to put onto paper, but your valiant service precedes you. We love and appreciate what you do as well as the things every service man or woman does for us everyday. All our troops, past and present, are our greatest strengths and our greatest patriots and as such, they represent the best of America.

I know in my heart, your journey to recovery is not easy. I also know that being the man and soldier you are, the strength you garner from within, from God (who constantly tests us), from your loving and ever faithful family, and your fellow military you will defeat all the seemingly impossible obstacles placed in your way.

Again, my thoughts and prayers and of those of the other Sheep Dogs and all Americans go with you every minute of every day.

May God Bless you and keep you and your family safe forever.

Comment by Richard Minnick — May 25, 2009 @ 6:32 am

4. The best part of our rally is at the end, at noon. We all gather together for a group photo, then we sing the Star Spangled Banner, then we recite the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, then we say a prayer together, “The Lord’s Prayer” for our troops protection and success.

We have about 10 military moms who come on a regular basis. Some have kids in Iraq or Afghanistan, or they just returned, or they are training. We know that the families serve too.

We have a lot of veterans, many Vietnam Veterans, and even a WWII vet who comes every week.

Some people have never served but they love their country and they appreciate those who do.

Thanks for reading about us and I hope you will join us sometime.

To our Troops, please know that as you fight the fight for freedom, you are not alone.

We are proud to stand behind you every week in West Chester, Pa.

THANK YOU TROOPS. THANK YOU MILITARY FAMILIES. AND GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Comment by Rich Davis — July 21, 2009 @ 9:58 pm

5. You people are delusional. Why should the American people support an economicaly inspired illegal war? What the middle east truely needs is economic help and progressive education. Throwing bullets at terrorists only enenders more terrorism.

Comment by wceaststudent — March 18, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

6. wceaststudent – Do you think if all our troops came home from all around the world that the Islamist Jihadists/terrorists will stop attacking the US, Israel, or other western targets?

You have the right to criticize what we support or what our country does and hopefully you can graciously accept criticism of your views as well.

Maybe you are the one that is being delusional.

Comment by Rich Davis — March 18, 2010 @ 2:03 pm

7. Rich – I’m impressed that you recognize a right to dissent. Many on your side of the fence don’t.

To answer your question, yes, if the US withdrew its troops they would stop attacking us. Europe & Israel aren’t our problem so I’ll not comment on that part except to say that they have to find their own solutions.

wceaststudent – Don’t insult these people. As a libertarian I agree with them on many other issues such as gun rights &, some of them at least, ending the Federal Reserve System. While you & I may both be for peace I’m sure there’s also much we could argue about. Regardless, on Saturday we’ll be on the same corner just like at other rallies I’ve stood next to Sheepdogs.

BTW, “progressive education” is one of the enablers of war. It trains people to respect & obey the govt, including going to war for it. This is why so many are going along with the empire. If you want peace you must also be anti govt & pro the separation of state & education.

Comment by Darren — December 4, 2010 @ 10:35 am

8. Take a Stand for Peace, Dec. 16, 2010 (video)

A great example of how people of diverse views can come together to stand for peace and against the empire. This protest took place at the Whitehouse in Washington, DC.

We met several libertarians there, hopefully more will turn out for future peace rallies.

Comment by Darren — December 18, 2010 @ 12:31 am

9. My whole family was and or is involved with the Military. I live in Delaware County and heard about your group through my brother who is a Veteran (Bill Jones). I would love to come and stand proudly with you, as my youngest son is in the Army, did 1 year in Afghanistan and is currently serving at Fort Eustice, in Virginia.

He is listed on the Delaware County Gov. Centers Wall of Honor. You all have my support and least we forget the loved ones back home trying to keep it all together.

We just wouldn’t be The Great Country we ARE today, if not for all of you. Thank you.

Comment by Teri Rehrig — December 4, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

10. Rich,

I’ve been looking for the pictures from when I was there the week before Christmas. I did copy one of the ones from Christmas and I’m so sorry I was unable to attend, and hope to be there real soon again.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Teri Jones Rehrig